Distinctively Christian; A Christ-centered approach to Early Childhood Philosophy & Principles
Distinctively Christian: A Christ-centered Approach to Philosophy and Principles for Early Childhood Education presents a process whereby a Christian philosophy of early education that represents a program's beliefs and practices can be developed. If Christian early education is to be distinctive, then its philosophy and guiding principles must, likewise, reflect its uniqueness. Within the pages of this book, readers will:
- Learn how to create an educational philosophy to govern their programs.
- Overview and evaluate early childhood theories and their validity and incorporate truths found within child study and God’s word into both their personal and program philosophies.
- Examine, through the contributions of a team of experienced Christian early education professionals, pedagogical principles and practices that align with Christian philosophy, including
- The importance of play.
- A focus on readiness.
- Classroom management practices.
- The need for culturally responsive teaching.
- The place of technology.
- Outline the various responsibilities of school leadership and program directors.