Distinctively Christian; A Christ-centered approach to Early Childhood Teaching & Learning
The roadmap to a distinctively Christian, Christ-centered approach to early childhood education would not be complete without addressing the needs of the whole child. Book three in the series, Distinctively Christian: A Christ-centered Approach to Early Childhood Teaching & Learning, focuses on the teaching and learning related to the social, cognitive, and physical developmental domains. Dr. Uecker and his team of writers address issues and practices related to:
- A biblically integrated understanding of children’s social and emotional development.
- The current, pressing need for resiliency and self-regulation skills among students.
- The necessity for and creation of an integrated curriculum.
- Early literacy—reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Mathematical understanding and thinking.
- Inquiry-based learning and the study of God’s creation (science).
- The creative arts.
- Motor development.