Distinctively Christian; A Christ-centered approach to Early Childhood Spiritual Development
Distinctively Christian: A Christ-centered Approach to Early Childhood Spiritual Development lays the foundation for an early education program that more effectively fulfills its role and mission within Christian schools. The book seeks to:
- Guide readers through the creation of a Christ-centered mission, vision, and set of objectives that will define and clarify all components of a Christian school’s early education program or department.
- Provide an understanding of faith development to more effectively impact children’s spiritual formation.
- Demonstrate the means whereby a Christian worldview can be more explicitly taught to children.
- Stress the need to view and teach the Bible as one redemptive story.
- Present the importance of the life of the teacher as a “living curriculum” or model for children to follow.
- Encourage teachers and program directors to validate the effectiveness of what is being taught through assessment strategies that verify the program’s mission and vision.
**For International orders, please contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com
"Excellent resource! As a grandparent of nine grandchildren, I want to get this book into the hands of each of my daughters, so they may better understand the elements, process, and stages of spiritual formation in the lives of those we've been entrusted to raise. Every educator and parent should read this book!" - Jeffrey Mattner, Ed.D., Regional Director | ACSI Mid-America Region
"Distinctively Christian is skillfully interwoven with invaluable insights from a lifetime of teaching and investing in the next generation of teachers!" - Jenni Bacon Miller, Director, School Ministries Ohio
"Distinctively Christian provides a detailed guide for evaluating current practices, directing change in the classroom and program, and assessing effectiveness. Written specifically for the Christian early educator, guides a program in self-reflection to ascertain its effectiveness in realizing its stated mission, vision and desired outcomes for the faith development of children. Consider this a necessary field guide to navigate the (often complex) landscape of a child's soul. It's both a reference manual and instructional text; it inspires meaningful action. Dr. Uecker brings the sum of his experience, education, and expertise to this writing as a strategic investment in the next generation." - D'Arcy Maher, Former Editor for Christian Early Education Magazine, Former Director of Early Education Services, ACSI
"Long recognized in the Christian school movement as the "go to" expert on child development, Dr. Uecker's insights into the spiritual formation of children flow throughout this book." - Todd R. Marrah, Ph.D., School Superintendent
From developing a mission statement to implementing a living curriculum all the way to measuring outcomes with appropriate assessment - readers will have tangible action points to set a distinctively Christian preschool program in motion."
- Stacia Emerson, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Early Childhood and Family Studies, Southern Wesleyan University