Distinctively Christian; A Christ-centered Worldview Approach to Early Childhood Ministry
The fourth book, Distinctively Christian: A Christ-centered Worldview Approach to Children’s Ministry, is an extension of the first book and its focus on early childhood spiritual development within Christian schools. This new edition was written for application to a church’s early childhood ministry, to assist “next-generation” ministries as they seek to reach young children for Christ and develop a Christ-centered worldview. Unlike in schools, leaders and teachers in churches also include volunteers, as opposed to trained early education professionals, and therefore, this book has been written with the assistance of Anne Marie Gosnell, an author and leader among volunteers who teach Bible to children. Together, we encourage program leaders and volunteers to be:
- More involved with and accountable to parents and their desire to train up their next generation.
- Focused upon the teaching of the Gospel through God’s one redemptive story.
- More intentional about integrating the truths that define a Christ-centered worldview through their limited contact with children.
- Focused on building relationships and trust with every child.
- Models for young children to follow.
- Dedicated to next-generation ministry as a high calling and priority within the church.
- Engaged in program evaluation through assessing student growth and change that reflects the ministry’s desired outcomes.